The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

SRS Manual Install Headaches vs (UniversRadio)

6 years 1 month ago
Zulu
More
Topic Author
SRS Manual Install Headaches vs (UniversRadio) #9285
Here is a partial installation guide for SRS:

Extract all the files from the Zip before running the Installer!

Installer needs to be run by CLIENTS ONLY

Dedicated servers DO NOT need the installer run.

*** To Install Manually for Clients ***

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts
Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts
Copy DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts
Copy DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Copy DCS-SRS-Hook.lua to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Hooks -- NOTE: Sub folder in Scripts folder

Create the folders if they dont exist

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua)

To the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

If it doesnt exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip file where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

After the the ADD section is where I get lost and have NO IDEA what the author is referring to.
There HAS to be something better, and frankly if it doesn't auto install and uninstall who wants to spend their precious time figuring this out. I have enough re-doing all the HOTAS profiles.

And I'll readily admit I know absolutely nothing about this, but wouldn't UniversRadio be better, since it is a plugin for Team Speak, and we all have that already?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago
pyromaniac4002
More
SRS Manual Install Headaches vs (UniversRadio) #9286
It does have an installer. I don't know why someone would opt out of using it, but all of these instructions are only in case that's your preference.

As far as executing this manual install method, it's just saying to extract and move 5 files in to folders that are already there if you've previously installed scripts and add a line to a .lua file. It's poorly written, but what it's talking about is nothing complicated.

I've never heard of UniversRadio and I don't know how it integrates with DCS in comparison to SRS, but SRS has quickly become the standard across the DCS community. In the interest of compatibility with everyone else, UniversRadio would have to really offer a lot to make it worth abandoning SRS. And with SRS, once it's installed (or once you figure out how to install it, if you're using the manual method) it's not a problem to update it and it's near-zero upkeep effort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds