AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Radio add for coalition

6 years 11 months ago
Jsick7x
More
Topic Author
Radio add for coalition #7513
I have radio add for coalition for both teams when the game starts, however RED always overlaps BLUE and I get red F10 options for both sides, any reason why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Radio add for coalition #7519
Hmm. Don't understand what you mean by overlap, fully, but am assuming that you mean something like activating BLUE actions from BLUE side also activates the actions corresponding for RED side?

Do you have two separate RADIO ITEM ADD FOR COALITION actions, one for RED and one BLUE?

Check: Are the FLAG ID numbers in the ACTIONS column different for each coalition?

Are there two separate triggers, not both RADIO ITEM ADD FOR COALITION actions for each side bundled into the one trigger? Never done bundled into one that way, so not sure if that might cause an issue, if you did do it like that. I use a separate trigger per side.

PS: For example;

I do it this way, for programming clarity...

...not this way, even though it might work...

6 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Radio add for coalition #7526
Both of those should work. I do it the 2nd way. Putting all menu items in the same trigger.

6 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Radio add for coalition #7527
Maybe upload the map to TeamSpeak mission folder or attach here and we take a direct look at it. Sometimes a 2nd set of eyes will quickly see what has been staring you right in the face. =)

6 years 11 months ago
Jsick7x
More
Topic Author
Radio add for coalition #7529
It's uploaded in the F99th/2.0/Operation New Dawn in TS. Maybe you could add CTLD if you have time ? :lol: :P I also need a smoke marker to indicate if the town is clear or not, I tried for a long time and I can only get the smoke to change color, but once it changes colors it will then be blue/green red green. Not a single color :geek:

6 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Radio add for coalition #7534
The smoke works on a 5 min timer. Once started - it remains the same color until it stops. You can't stop it. It stops on it's own. You can start another smoke marker on the same spot with a diff color - same rules - it's there for 5 mins.

I took a look at your mission. If I am looking at the right triggers for "red take town" - where you are sending red, blue, green depending on who's in the zone..

Because they are set to "once" triggers - they will only fire once. When the conditions are met, the trigger will fire 1 time - and you will get a colored smoke for 5 mins - and it will never fire again.

In order for that smoke to constantly blow a particular color, you have to create the following triggers:
Timer Trigger:
TYPE: CONTINUOUS ACTION
CONDITION: (EMPTY)
ACTION: INCREASE FLAG 99 BY 1

Timer Reset Trigger
TYPE: SWITCH CONDITION
CONDITION: WHEN FLAG 99 = 300
ACTON: SET FLAG 99 TO 1

ON EACH TRIGGER THAT BLOWS SMOKE SET IT TO:
TYPE: SWITCHED CONDITION (NOT ONCE LIKE YOU HAVE IT)
CONDITION: ADD ADDITIONAL CONDITION : FLAG 99 = 30
ACTION: SMOKE : COLOR

The above triggers will give you a continuous smoke for the entire mission.

CTLD is easy peasy - but best if I walk you through it. Teach a man to fish and all that.

Also didn't see anything wrong with the F10 menu setup. What you have should and does work correctly.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds