Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors.

The Fighting 99th Dedicated DCS Server.

runny
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada

Re: Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors.

Post by runny » 11 Jun 2017, 03:13

I dropped by to use the bathroom.

pyromaniac4002
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Post by pyromaniac4002 » 11 Jun 2017, 04:33

rofl..

Runny, I don't want you to be alarmed but you're very likely going to receive a ban in the next few hours on the ED forums.

But I burst out laughing by the time I got through the /sarcastic part. Excellent post. I even screenshotted it so we can save and look back fondly on it after the mods delete it:
runnyEDpost.jpg
runnyEDpost.jpg (1002.66 KiB) Viewed 805 times

TracerFacer
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Post by TracerFacer » 11 Jun 2017, 05:08

Lol.. Well at least we are not alone!

runny
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada

Post by runny » 11 Jun 2017, 15:25

Wouldn't be the first time I was banned. They could set up a quarry with the amount of salt I bring there.

Their forum moderation reflects how the build the game: they just delete any posts that say anything negative instead of fixing the problem that caused a negative perception to begin with. Even if you do all the testing and bring the facts in a polite and helpful manner they just have 0 interest in making improvements or fixes.

Same stuff in-game. Cover it up but never fix it. They can have all the help in the world but they're simply not interested in doing anything other than selling modules. In their view, the core game is completely finished and all that's left is to keep adding content. Anyone who says otherwise can be smacked with a ban hammer.

Cygon_Parrot
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ecuador

Post by Cygon_Parrot » 11 Jun 2017, 23:29

runny wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 15:25
Wouldn't be the first time I was banned.
Wouldn't be the first time someone was banished, tried, hung drawn and quartered or otherwise executed for stating the truth, predicated on an ad-hoc definition of "truth" as the perception of facts. It is appalling behavior on ED's part, if that's what they do. I'll raise hell and probably get myself banned, too, if they dare ban you for that justifiably assertive post, LOL!

Last night I had one of our friends from the 16th AGR on TS asking me what was wrong with the Normandy server, and why he couldn't get in. I in turn, bugged Tracer on chat, who, on his part, threw a veritable fit when he again discovered the recurrent problem. Sorry for ruining the early part of your evening by relaying that information, Tracer! :D

Edit: Such a difference on P3D/ASN16 the other day. Upon closing down the sim I got routed to a voluntary survey inviting me to express my level of satisfaction and what they could do to improve.

runny
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada

Post by runny » 13 Jun 2017, 01:11

It's worth noting that I don't think my post in this instance is all hunky dory. It's clearly rude and begs moderation. I wasn't trying to justify it, its just that I don't care for the reasons above.
If you can't say anything negative, then when you do you might as well go in with both barrels.

TracerFacer
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Post by TracerFacer » 13 Jun 2017, 02:34

Your request is accepted / Ваше обращение принято
Русская версия данного сообщения находится внизу.

Your request has been accepted with unique number 63939.

Subject: Connection Timeout s: Normandy Map only

Please do not reply to this message. This is only a generated confirmation, showing that techsupport has received your request and is working on it.

To view or edit your ticket proceed to: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/63939/

runny
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada

Post by runny » 13 Jun 2017, 03:50

Your request was accepted? Did you make a request (besides for help) or is this one of those things that didn't translate well from Russian?

That link doesn't work unless we're logged into your account.

TracerFacer
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Post by TracerFacer » 13 Jun 2017, 11:17

Yeah, I filled out a support request. That Monnie guy who commented on the ED thread suggested I do that. Positive step forward. I'll take it.